Tuesday, September 13

dancing



A dear friend of mine took this picture of me when I was in my first year at UCI. I have only a few photos of myself as a more mature dancer, and this is by far my favorite. Unfortunately, I only have an 8x10 print of it, and I'm impatient... so here is a picture of a picture. very savvy of me.

I went to a ballet class last week, and again tonight, at the Downtown Dance Collective in Missoula... and I feel amazing.

It has been 6 years since I stopped dancing, with a few brief and unsuccessful attempts to get back into it.


I really want to share this because it feels different this time. I don't know for sure what it is, if it's that my teacher this time around is extremely positive and encouraging, or that I'm finally letting go of some of the crap that used to bring me down. 

For sure though, I am enjoying moving this way again... and I feel comfortable and delighted to say that even after 6 years, I am a very good dancer. and I am proud of that.

2 comments:

Brett Rasmussen said...

That's a really beautiful picture Jenelle. Way to go getting back into dance and recapturing the enjoyment of something you love!

orlene said...

Jen,

I love the picture, but more important, I love that you are taking so much pride and happiness from something you were born loving.

Love you!!!!!!
Mom